DeltaQuest is a Portfolio Data Management Solution for Energy Suppliers. Our solution analyses, validates and applies industry rules to build up a consistent and accurate portfolio view, with the ability to drill down to the most granular meter point data item.
1. Purchase v Sales – Bottom up approach to quantifying both settlement and billing by rebuilding both positions from the raw granular data, replicating industry rules on a meter point level.
2. Revenue Recognition – Settlement and billing position changes are tracked, providing a foundation for business intelligence to inform the accurate measurement of real revenue and calculation of unbilled revenue.
3. Back Office Efficiency – Consumption data management and operational recovery activities for both settlements and billing are streamlined.
4. Data Quality Management – The software’s rules engine targets the root cause of potential errors by flagging and adjusting the priority scores for data discrepancies that have resulted from data flow creation, validation and processing failures.
5. Billing Performance – The software allows users to isolate and adjust prioritisation for issues such as late billing caused by data discrepancies so that customers can get timely and accurate bills.
6. Regulatory Compliance – The software also allows users to isolate and adjust prioritisation for issues such as settling EACs so that compliance targets (i.e. 97% meters to be read by RF) are met.
How DeltaQuest Works
Our software, DeltaQuest (DQ), enables Energy retailers to effectively manage all Consumption and Asset Data that is directly linked to Revenue, Cost of Sale & Customer Service performance.
Consolidating Settlement data, Billing data and various Industry data, the system analyses, validates and applies industry rules to build up a consistent and accurate portfolio view, with the ability to drill down to the most granular meter point data item.
DeltaQuest presents the full portfolio with prioritisation scores against each and every meter point. These are generated by running a rules engine that looks at all data sources before flagging risks and issues that are attributed a weighted score based on financial or operational impact the business.
Wrapped around the capability to calculate meter point level settlement and billing positions, prioritised by impact and root cause of error, is a workflow management tool that allows Operations to allocate work to teams and monitor performance against Key Performance Indicators and strategic goals.
DeltaQuest takes a bottom-up approach to both Settlement and Billing, replicating industry methodologies to build the most accurate Operational view of the portfolio as its initial step in the software development. This provides the foundation for a highly accurate and comprehensive Finance package that links directly to the Operational data and provides one single view of consumption.
How Deltaquest Works
Evolve Analytics hosts DeltaQuest on a Microsoft Azure platform. The service is an Azure Web Application, with an Azure SQL database hosted in an EU data centre.
During the implementation phase Evolve will undertake a series of Business Process Mapping sessions to understand how the solution will be most effectively implemented.
Training will be provided to users and a member of the Evolve team will be on site during the launch period to ensure users are obtaining value from the off.
Rules engine exceptions have also been developed using Evolve experience and expertise and assigned priority scores to point users in the direction of the most likely potential errors in the portfolio. During the set-up phase a full list of rules engine exceptions with configurable tolerances and priority scores is provided to the supplier.
Finally, if you want to learn more about how Project Nexus will impact your company download our white paper.
"We choose Evolve Analytics as a long term business partner due to the level of expertise, in depth knowledge and integrity they brought to the table. We have formed a strong and trusted relationship over the years." Steven Veal, Energy Director, The Utility Warehouse